Polyester Three-Side-Seal Barrier Pouch
Ampac's 500 Series SealPAK is a 2ply laminated structure consisting of polyester and polyethylene (PET/PE). These boilable and freezable pouches can sustain temperatures from -56 to 115°C (-70 to 240°F). 500 Series SealPAKs are 4.5 mils thick, and work well with applications requiring long-term storage, sharper objects, or solutions of formaldehyde, acids, alkalies, greases, oils, and organic solvents. These transparent, airtight, and leak-proof pouches can be sterilized with gamma, infrared, and e-beam. Once sealed, these pouches can also be surface sterilized using VHP.
Ampac recommends using 400 Series SealPAKs for applications requiring light use or moderate protection.
Not finding the pouch size you need? Ampac's SealPAK material also come as tubular rollstock. Only two sides of the tubular rollstock is pre-sealed, allowing flexibility of packaging different sizes and types of objects. Tubular Rollstock comes on a 3" core and is packaged in a corrugated box custom designed to store and dispense product.
Seal using Ampac's multi purpose heat sealer.
Example 500 Series Known Uses:
- Tissue and blood samples
- Formalin samples
- Sample retains
- Overwrap for medical trays and kits
- Medical device sterilization – gamma irradiation
- Introducing supplies into sterility testing chambers – surface sterilize secondary packaging using VHP
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Disposal of sharp objects
- Overwrap for evidence kits
- Evidence/Narcotics storage